Tuesday 13 May 2014

BOUT OF BOOKS 10.0 DAY 1



 O.k., I was out of electricity and Internet this morning, so I continued reading and am able to update you on Day 1 situation only now. Sorry, but it's not my fault.=)

 I'll start with yesterday's challenges, because it was the first thing I did during read-a-thon.
 I've participated in Informal Challenge on Twitter and here's a screen grab of my tweet:

 And yes, it's a Lake Town from The Hobbit, illustrated by Alan Lee, as my background image.=)
 From my photo you can see one side of me: always surrouned by books and don't want to take off her PJs all day long.=D Also, I have a LOT of unread books.. Maybe that's more than 1 side now. Also top part of my head, yay!=D Guess, you know me a little better now...

 Because it's my first time doing Bout of Books officially, I missed another challenge from yesterday...=( I just didn't understand what was that line If you like X, try Y about... And missed a link, despite the fact, that it was right in front of my eyes. Dang it! O.k., I'll pay more attention to links next time. Kinda sad that I missed the giveaway, though... =( Oh, well, but never mind.

And now - the reading part!

CURRENTLY READING: The Door To Time (Ulysses Moore #1) by 

DAY 1.
PAGES READ: 145.
Stuff Completed (I say "stuff", because there won't be just phisical books in my updates. I read a lot of diffent stuff =D): 2 titles.
1 book = Dear John by Nicholas Spark (had 48 pages left to read, so I'll include it here anyway);
1 short story = Auto-da-fé by Joanne Harris (from her short story collection - Jigs&Reels. I've decided to read 2-3 short stories a day), 13 pages.
Read part of: 
= Tokyo on Foot by Florent Chavouet - 70 pages;
= Insurgent by Veronica Roth - 9 pages (decided to reread last chapter, before starting Allegiant, to refresh my memories a little);
= 5 pages of another short story from that collection, called The Spectator. But I finished it after midnight, so it will be in Day 2 post.

 Wow, I'm such a Math geek... Coupld try write less. Maybe.=)

THOUGHTS: Dear John made me feel MAD!!! I just.. Bwuuuh. Don't want to talk about that ending. [I really didn't like Savannah... Just sayin']. I LOVE-LOVE-LOVE Tokyo on Foot! This graphic memoir is gorgeous and everyone should read it. Also, Florent is such a funny dude... Laughed multiple times.=)
Insurgent brought back old memories... Gush, I already know that I should keep Allegiant for final days of Bout of Books. I can feel the feelz... =\
As for that short story, Auto-da-fé, it was strange. But made me think about it a little afterward. MC is rude jerk on BMW with miserable life. And it's a story of him, the rules of the road and another miserable dude, but on Volvo. Interesting concept, but not really pleasant to read.

Overall, I'm excited!!! 145 pages is a good start for me, especially since I've read 15 more pages before the read-a-thon, which means I've read 160 pages in total yesterday. And.. it's almost as much as I read last week.=D Progress!

O.k., I'll continue reading and maybe participate in one of today's challenges.=)

Have an amazing day, awesome book and READ!


The Bout of Books read-a-thon is organized by Amanda @ On a Book Bender and Kelly @ Reading the Paranormal. It is a week long read-a-thon that begins 12:01am Monday, May 12th and runs through Sunday, May 18th in whatever time zone you are in. Bout of Books is low-pressure, and the only reading competition is between you and your usual number of books read in a week. There are challenges, giveaways, and a grand prize, but all of these are completely optional. For all Bout of Books 10 information and updates, be sure to visit the Bout of Books blog. - From the Bout of Books team



3 comments:

  1. Oh, wow. Well done! That's a lot of pages from lots of different books :) I've been reading Half of a Yellow Sun for two days, but hoping to finish it tomorrow the latest. :) Tokyo on Foot has been on my radar as well, it's good to see you are liking it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, thanks!:) Always glad to see you here. I somehow missed your update post. Running to check it out. Just came back from park, wanted to read in calm place, but one lady with little girl ruined the fun... : [
      Hope you'll finish Half of a Yellow Sun soon. I really like this book, but hated Ugwu closer to the end. He lost my respect completely...
      My fav character is Kainene.:) She's the best.

      Delete
    2. You didn't miss my update, I didn't write one yesterday :) I think I'll write an update per two days this time around, my life is so boring there is not much to report :))

      Parks are really good for reading if it's nice weather but yes, other people may ruin the experience.

      I also like Kainene, and Richard as well. Ugwu has so far been a gray character (okay towards the end he makes some really stupid decisions...), I am curious to see what happens to him now that he has been taken to the army.

      Delete